Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I haven't written for a while. It has been hard to put my thoughts down in my writings. I will simply say that I and our family need your prayers as this has been one of the toughest winters we have faced, with several different factors weighing us down.
On the light side: The children and Bruce just returned from a fun filled time at the family winter tournament in Lexington, KY. They also took this opportunity to visit a famous horse farm and museum while they were there. A big thank you to Sarah, Kelsi and Hannah for sending me pics, you can view them on the left side panel! We also enjoyed a delicious roast beef dinner at Kelsi and Daniels apartment last evening, what a treat!
I spent this week at home anticipating Abby's due date which has now passed. She is scheduled for an induction on the 4th of Jan. please pray all goes well and that God's will be done. The quiet time I was able to spend at home during this time did help my spirits, however I am still fighting the shakiness, weakness, insomnia at times and fatigue. I find it very frustrating, but am trying to give it over to the Lord.
Martha came and joined me for a couple days which really encouraged me. We enjoyed the movie "UP" so much we had to share it with our parents. So we had them here for dinner and a movie and what a good time we had! They say laughter is the best medicine, well we got plenty!
But now it is back to reality and the need for the strength and wisdom to be proactive to make peace in our family. This is one of my biggest concerns for I have learned that for to long I have been a peacekeeper and not a peace maker. Keeping peace where there really is no peace is futile and exhausting. Peacemaking sometimes includes confrontation and this has always come hard to both Bruce and myself. So I have found that the Lord needs us to be strong in Him. That we need to strengthen up our feeble knees and walk the path set before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment