Hope you had a refreshing Labor Day weekend! Ours was labor intensive as we needed to redo what Sarah had painted in her room. It wasn't really her fault because she choose a dark/bright green and rolled it over white leaving a lot of stripes and ghost marks. Her tile floor needed to be washed 3 times, twice on hands and knees to scrub off stubborn grout left by the installer. This definitely has been the most labor intensive of all the rooms we have done.
I think the only thing that helped me to keep going was the thought of our planned get away this weekend. Thursday Bruce and I plan (Lord willing) to take Daniel and Kelsi to the Finger Lakes.
I have made reservations at a Bed & Breakfast called "Gone With The Wind". It looks like a southern plantation mansion and is set high on a hill over looking Keuka Lake. It offers 14 acres of hiking trails, beautiful brooks and a swimming cove. The bedrooms each have their individual character and charm, ours has a Navajo theme with a queens size log bed. Daniel and Kelsi's is design to give one the feeling of being aboard a ship,with royal blues and burgundy accents. Breakfast is served with an old fashion flair, with rhubarb cake, many flavors of pancakes and scrambled eggs.
Now I have probably made you hungry! I'm sorry I just wanted to share some joy and anticipation. Some day we would love to organize a trip for all of you to join us, it really is a great place to relax and recover from the busy pace of life!
Hope your week is free from worry, for we need not be anxious for anything when we are in the Lord! He loves and cares for us, for we are His dearly loved children and His heart is toward our well being and health both physically and spiritually! AMEN!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment