Saturday, March 12, 2011

  It has been a rather hard week, with  to much stress. My blood pressure has been consistently high and I had some strong vertigo to go with it.  I also learned from my doctor that the disks in my neck are not fusing.  But those things seem VERY small in comparison to what we witnessed in Japan this week.  How very devastating for these people! Also the news of the family north west of us, who lost 7 of there 8 children in a house fire.  How can you cope with such a disaster?
During one of my classes at hospice we were told to write, on squares of paper, some of the people, places and things we treasure the most.  Then the teacher came around and took some of them.  She was trying to help us to feel how devastated people can feel over dying or losing a loved one.  She asked us how it made us feel.  I felt I couldn't go on!  The life in me true felt utterly drained from me as I thought of what it could feel like. For you see she had taken my slip of paper that I treasured the most, "God's love".  I thought how horrible it would be to go on living with the knowledge that God did not love or care about us any more.  But then I remembered Romans 8:38  reassures us that nothing can separate us from the love of God.  What a relief, not even death can separate us from God's love, because of the awesome and fantastic sacrifice of our Lord and Savior!
May your week be full of reminders that God really cares about you and that He really wants us to talk to Him in prayer because he loves us so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment