Tuesday, June 21, 2011


Lesson of the Peach Tree:
I learned a lesson from my fruit trees. And though I have known the lesson, I had not really lived the lesson.
One moist day this spring I noticed that my peach trees had a fungus called leaf curl. After learning at the library that I needed to cut all effected canes and leaves off the trees, I got to work with my pruners. As I cut branch after branch, I began to worry. There were so many branches effected, I wondered if I would kill the tree if I cut all of the effected canes. I also realized I could not reach the branches that were infected at the tops of the trees.
I was very humbled by the fact that as thorough as I tried to be I simply could not eradicate the fungus from my beloved trees.
I came to a point where I simply could do no more. So in humility I bowed my head in prayer and asked the Lord to please heal the trees and fix what I could not heal! The book from the library had said I needed to completely cut off all fungus laiden branches, but I could not, no matter how hard I tried. I had to trust God to help where I could not.
Many weeks had passed and the rain, humidity and balmy days contiuned. I figured the trees would  certainly continue to grow the leaf curling fungus since the weather was perfect for it's growth. But God had taken over where I could not do any more. The fungus completely disappeared from my peach trees and instead there grew beautiful bunches of pink fruits. God has showed me a lesson about life, from a simple problem in my earthly orchard.
Please learn along with me that He will take over where we can do no more, but Jesus wants us to humbly ask Him to help. Then we can enjoy fruit from His Holy Spirit which is sweeter then any earthly fruit we can grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment