Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life has been a bit hard here. Bruce had a colonoscopy Tuesday, and they found lots of polyps. They did biopsies and should know more next week. The doctor had me very concerned at first, he said Bruce bled hard from the one biopsy and I may have to take him back to the hospital if it didn't stop by the afternoon. Thankfully it did stop bleeding and Bruce was fine. Although he was extremely loopy for the rest of the day, the kids thought it was funny, but it concerned me. I suppose he is not used to medications as he rarely takes even a Tylenol and then having lost blood made him especially groggy.
Sarah has been giving me major grief about cyber school and when I went into her grade book online I found she was extremely behind in her classwork and has not been honest with me. She has stated several times that she is going to make my life "a living hell". And went as far as to write it out on a piece of paper by the computer.

One very upbeat event, that has also helped Sarah's emotions, is the purchase of a 30 foot 2004 RV. We finally were able to get it here yesterday and the children think it is great! We bought it for a really good price from a friend of Bruce's Dad. The owners are moving into an assisted living facility and are selling almost everything. We were able to buy it with out borrowing any money and we count it a very nice blessing. The lady left it with everything in it and more.

Abby is getting very large and uncomfortable, she has included Hannah into her confidences and it has been beautiful to see Hannah care for her and attend her appointments. They also hope to go to birthing classes together, Hannah is planning to be Abby's birth partner during labor and delivery.

I have not had much time to write, so I hope this catches you up on things. It was kind of sweet yesterday as I was at our family doctors who we have known for over 20 years. He talked with me for about a half hour and when I went to leave he gave me a big bear hug. I think he can see the stress and understands.
I thought a lot about that and how we need a hug of encouragement now and then to keep us from totally falling to pieces. God helps in this way, as we confide our inner most worries and concerns to Him for He really does care.

No comments:

Post a Comment