Sunday, October 17, 2010

I learned a lesson this week I thought I would share with you about patience.  As I had written before I had lost my patience after having camped in a very frigid van for 2 nights.  Being stiff and sore I was quite testy with Bruce.  I felt a mix of anger and hurt.  Even after all we had gotten to see and all the fun we had it only took a bit of discomfort for me to feel unloved.  It reminds me of the Hebrews as they came out of Egypt and were shown so much by the Almighty.
We took a very interesting trip on a train to Pikes Peak, but I still was feeling grouchy inside.  We had looked at the gift shop at the base of the mountain and I set my heart on a set of manufactured opal earrings.  I pulled Bruce inside to see this great find, but he was unconvinced of their $14 value and told me we could probably find them cheaper at Wal-Mart.  I was so disappointed and it just added to my self pity as I thought all sorts of hurtful things.  Human nature can be an ugly thing.
We made it to the top of the summit and I asked for some money to buy some world famous donuts they advertised.  Bruce gave me more then I needed, so I searched for a deal in the jewelery dept. there in the gift shop on top of the peak,  I found a bracelet that I liked for $2.99 and walked away feeling a little smug.
I confessed to him I had bought it, I can't keep anything from him or else I just feel guilty.  He didn't react in anyway, it hardly fazed him. I tried to give him the change and he insisted on me keeping it.
Later we walked the streets of a quaint shopping area.  My anger and hurt had left me by this time and I was simply enjoying the walk and looking in windows.
  After seeing many wonderful bracelets and after buying gifts for our children I saw a most beautiful bracelet, a real blue opal and amethyst studded  bracelet.  But the price tag was way more then I could ask of Bruce and I had learned by this point not to set my heart on anything.   But, to my surprise, he very happily bought it for me, without my begging or coercing. He was overjoyed to do it and it seemed to bring him great joy.
How much more the Lord's blessings upon us.  His call upon us to patiently endure hardship, sometimes causes us to feel distant, unloved and rejected.  Bruce obviously loves me more then anyone on earth.  Christ loves us much more.  How often are we  willing to settle for much less then what He plans to bless us with.  Do we run ahead  trying to do things on our own?
Isaiah 40:31 KJ But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment