Traveled and camped Wednesday through Friday in the mountains. Bruce fished most of both days on the Platte and the Arkansas Rivers. He caught a number of brown trout, but we did not keep any.
Camping was a little rough, although the spots we camped in were beautiful. Wednesday we camped by a lake and the sunset was beyond what words can describe or photos capture. The one evening I had just boiled some eggs. To our surprise a very large red fox smelled them and came into our camp and right up on to the picnic table while we sat only feet away at the camp fire. He was beautiful but he started to come right over to us. We both became frightened and Bruce scared him from our camp, where we could watch him at a safer distance.
I must admit to having lost a little of my patience by Friday morning. I had a small fever over night ( Bruce could tell by touching me) and I was chilled the entire night and slept very little. Bruce said the temperatures both nights were in the 20's. My neck and back had become increasingly stiff from riding and sleeping in the cramped van bed. So we decided to do something different and went on a train ride up to Pikes Peak. Afterwards we walked and shopped the streets of Manitou Springs, a quaint tourist town.
We are not planning to camp anymore this trip and are staying at a hotel with a pool and hot tub. Sleeping is much better and I am feeling much better!
We visited the Colorado Springs Church of God today and really enjoyed the service and the warm people. We stayed till after 5PM and are now taking in some rest.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment