The days, now, are long and uneventful, except for the flooding of Abby's room. Apparently someone thought it cool to put a running hose in her window well in the middle of the night. The water ruined her new wood floor and part of the wall. A demolition contractor was here assessing the damage today.
I am having less pain each day, but am still struggling to eat because of swallowing difficulties. I have lost almost 10lbs, a positive side of not being able to eat much. ( : I choke easily and that is quite bothersome, especially because it keeps me from resting sometimes. I am sure this will eventually heal as well, but it is something to pray about.
I talked to a nurse today, she told me that I am really fortunate to have had this surgery in time. She told me that she takes care of a woman who is a quadriplegic because a disk in her neck disintegrated like the second disk they removed from my neck. Unfortunately this woman did not get medical help soon enough. It caused me to really stop and be thankful!
Bruce is doing well and keeps busy with small service calls and such. We are paying someone to help with the household chores, this relieves my mind a bit, I can't stand a dirty house.
Hannah is very busy planning a youth rally for this Sabbath. About 100 youth plan to come from NY, NJ and MD. They are renting a gym for activities later in the evening. Many are sleeping over here and at other church family homes.
Hope you are staying warm on these cold November nights!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment