Saturday, December 4, 2010

Well, I am sorry to say the winter blues have really set in.  I can't seem to pull myself out of the doldrums.  Having 8 people sharing this somewhat small living area is just a little much.  Add to that colds and the flu and then a baby who has mastered an ear piercing scream that can endure for an hour or more and you have an almost impossible situation.
But I am brought back to reality as I realize the number of homeless are growing and the shelters are jam packed on these very briskly cold nights.
Our troubles seem quite small as we consider the growing number of those losing jobs and homes.  And as we see those around us suffering we must be ready to lend a helping hand.  For when Christ divides the sheep from the goats, he bases his decision on those that gave drink, food and clothes to those in need and upon visiting those in prison and those who were sick ( Matt.25:31-46). Christ places a high priority upon those in need and it is apparently very important that we do the same.
So if you are feeling a bit of the winter blues, reach out to someone in need and I know you will be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Yes Mary. Sorry though that the blues are setting in. We spent a weekend of severe colds and finally Troy seems to be pulling himself together, thankfully before his first day of work on Monday. The Dart Container Co. is in Leola. They told him at orientation on Friday that no one, even in the extended family, can win the monopoly games at McDonalds as they produce those cups apparently with the game cards on. I doubt they mean the small wins but the larger ones I guess everyone is out. That just doesn't seem quite fair, does it? So, Troy will be leaving each day at about 4:30 am and getting home at about 5:30 pm each day - I should have lots of time to get things done now!!! If I can get my leg a little better, that will be helpful in getting to some things I've been wanting to do. And guess what? I can now take down the black towel from our bedroom window since we are living in the day light finally!!!! Yay!!!! Well, hope you can drive soon and get out a little - that should cheer you up. Love you so much! Martha

    ReplyDelete