I am feeling a bit guilty as I write this. Three days ago I was planning what I would do with Anna while Bruce dropped Sarah off in Michigan and then headed to Chicago for a leadership meeting.
But the tides changed as Hannah agreed to watch Anna so I could accompany Bruce on the long road trip.
After we got into Ohio I learned Hannah was offered a job starting Monday. That really grieved me, I could not turn around and go back this far along in the trip.
Then after we dropped Sarah off we hit a major lake effect snow storm. We could hardly see, it was a complete white out and night time to make it worse. But the Lord saw us through it and we arrived in Chicago about 10:30PM Sat. Sunday morning Hannah tells us that Anna got a stomach virus over night, and that she is feverish.
The fellowship here has been sweet, but I am finding it hard to enjoy it all when my kiddos are suffering at home.
I did get to swim outside tonight in a pool that was 85 degrees. It was so cool (literally) to see the stars while swimming and breathing below freezing air. A water falls inside the pool has pouring with hot water which feels like a massage as you allow it to pound down on your back. Pretty neat place!
A couple of prayer requests: For those at our house who are sick, for Bruce who has a persistent cough and tooth ache ( he is to have a root canal in about a week) and for myself as I have sinus surgery Thursday and a nerve test found nerve damage in my hands/arms. Some is from carpel tunnel, both hands tested positive, but also hyper active reflexes which indicate nerve/spinal damage.
Hope you all are feeling well and staying warm and safe.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment