Saturday, February 26, 2011

I have been thinking quite a lot about God's movement in my life.  I remember as a very small child having a great desire to know the Lord and an excitement about His return.  I was blessed with a twin who also had those same passions.  We can remember having a great love for the church people at the age of 5 and 6.  I praise God for His calling on our lives very early in life and as well to those brothers and sisters in Christ who showed us the Love of God.  We were intrigued by their passion for truth and God's Holy Spirit!
We are seeing many of those beloved ones growing older and know that it will not be long before they will not be with us, but we have a great hope that we will be reunited at the the return of our Savior.
It is so discouraging to live in a world so full of Godless entertainment, education and government.  One can feel so tainted just by living amongst it all and I wonder how can God love me when I am polluted by the culture that has inevitably tainted my moral judgments. I pray almost daily for a pure heart and mind.  Reading God's word and practicing what I read definitely helps, but I know I am still not where I should be.  This is when God's grace means so very much to me.  Grace for those sins I do not know are sins and for the understanding He has about the fight to stay pure in a generation of moral decay.
So as I ponder these things I can understand all the more why the angels message to the shepherds at the birth of  our Redeemer, "peace on earth and good will towards men" is so profound and full of hope! Our Father really loves us and desires for us to live an eternity with Him!  It truly is an amazing love from the God and Creator of not just our planet, not just our galaxy, but the Holy Almighty Creator of many, many galaxies.  How amazing that he cares about his disobedient human creations who live on a tiny planet that exists, not in the center of it's galaxy, but in a tiny space between bands, of a far reaching arm of the Milky Way galaxy, one small galaxy amongst many, in the vast and endless universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment