Thursday, January 7, 2010

Now for a little more serious side of our family life.
Bruce is scheduled to have more polyps removed on the 18th, please pray all goes well. They did not remove them all before because he bled quite a bit and the doctor performing the procedure was not comfortable with removing anymore.

Abby is doing ok. She had some trouble with blood loss at the hospital so they kept her a little longer and told her not to go back to work for 6 weeks. She is insisting on returning in a week. She is also having a lot of pain and discomfort, she seems to have a little bit of mastitis with a small fever. Thank you very much for your prayers on our behalf I know the Lord helped me through a very trying time.

Abby's water broke(she was a week over due) on Sabbath morning, just as I had finished the children's class, it was 11AM. She didn't have labor pains so they started to induce her slowly. She did not have any serious pains until about 4PM. She was extremely uncomfortable by 6 and so they gave her an epidural. Anthony came and stayed with her throughout except when things got close. We were able to play cards and enjoyed some time just talking. Dani, Abby's next best friend came and so I took the opportunity to go down stairs to a waiting room, seeking some quiet time. By this time (around 8PM) I was so exhausted and shaking I could not see how I was going to make it through the night, I felt like I could barely stand. The doctors told us it would probably not be till daylight before Abby would have the baby. I took some time to pray and specifically ask for strength to do well and make it through the night. I returned to the room after about an hour and dozed as the young people played their card game. At about 11:30PM they all were getting very tired and by midnight Dani and Anthony were fast asleep. I suddenly felt renewed strength come over me. So I changed out of my church clothes, washed up a little and went over to Abby to see how she was doing. She said her upper back was really hurting and asked if I would massage it. We did this for a while, but I started to notice, from the monitor, she was having one contraction on top of another. Having been very familiar with labor I new she was in transition. So I or Abby asked the nurse if someone could check her. Sure enough she was 100 percent and the baby was on it's way out. She had gone from 5cm at midnight to 10cm by 2AM. Anthony hearing this woke with a great surprise on his face, rushed to find his shoes so he could exit, it was very funny! Abby pushed maybe 10 times and that little baby girl came out with ease at 2:10AM. I am sure God had woke me up and gave me the presence of a clear, calm mind just at the moments when I needed it the most! Thank you all for your prayers again on our behalf, it made all the difference!

The rest of the kids are doing ok, except Sam who is feverish, with a bad headache, so he is home today. (Hope I remember to send in the absentee note in time)

The doctor has found a few reasons for my fatigue. First being of course the chronic mono, second my thyroid test came back with a TSH of an 11 when it should be ideally 1 or 2, and at worst 3-4. (The numbers go up as the thyroid function goes down). Thirdly, the sleep study showed frequent awakening and continual awareness while in a light sleep state most of the night, I had even taken Ambien( a strong sleep med.) for the study, so I thought I had slept well. Thankfully they found no breathing problems! Yaaa! The forth reason, stress, which is hard not to have! I suppose we all just need to deal with it in better ways. ( : I am to see the doctor about all this in the coming days. I did already step up the thyroid medicine, and feel it has helped some.
I would like to encourage you to continue praying for those going through trials. Your prayers mean a lot to them and God hears His faithful children. And please be aware that others are praying for you, so please do not hesitate to ask for prayer, your sisters and brothers love you and are ready to lift you up to the Father, who loves you even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment