Had a really nice hike down and then back up Rickett's Glen waterfalls today with Bruce and the kids. We really enjoyed the hike down, but I seriously thought Bruce and I were not going to make it back up. The kids went on ahead as Bruce slowed his pace for me. But soon I thought he wasn't going to make it. We both were lightheaded and exhausted from the climb. The kid's said they would start the grill, back at the lake till we got there. Well, Bruce and I took a wrong turn and added another mile or more to our climb back up to the parking lot. The hamburgers were cooked and the kids were worried. They were pulling the van out to look for us as we walked into the parking lot.
Over all it turned out to be really nice, but boy are we sore!
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment