Monday, September 13, 2010

What a weekend!  We had a very nice turn out for Trumpets service with CPA COG on Thursday.  However, I felt a bit wiped out from an incident Wednesday evening.  Josiah had caught a cold and I was to watch him while Hannah went to volley ball.  Not long after she left, Josiah seemed to look poorly.  I took him in to change his diaper and when I turned around to get a clean diaper he began to have breathing difficulty.  I picked him up, without the diaper on to see if an upright  position would help.  His eyes were now encircled with a blotchy sort of redness and his face looked quite pink.  He pushed at his nose and started to stuggle to breath. Then to my surprise he closed his eyes and went limp in my arms.  I was extremely upset, I screamed for Bruce as I ran the baby outside for fresh air.  As I ran through the living room Abby saw Josiah and immediately called 911.  When I got outside he slowly came out of his faint and began to look himself.  The paramedics checked him over and suggested we take him to Hershey Med. so we did and he was given an inhaler,we were told to suction his nose and use saline mist.  He is much better now. Still gets rash like blotches and is still congested, so Hannah is taking him to see Dr. Matsko today.
Friday was very busy as well, I am continuing physical therapy which takes quite a chunk out of my morning.  After therapy we had a graveside service for Bob Sumner.  It was a pleasant service until the beautiful box Bonnie made for Bob's ashes would not fit in the tiled hole in the mausoleum.  So a worker there cut it to make it fit.
Afterwards we rushed off for the Delaware Seashore and Chanda Stine's wedding.  We arrived in time to go to bed.  Saturday morning the kids and I went to the beach and to the spot where the wedding was to be held, while Bruce worked on his message for Sunday's memorial service.
We had some fun with the little ones, playing in the sand and swimming. Daniel and Johnny worked very hard at setting up and so when they would get a break they would play with Anna and Tristen in the water or on the sand.  I really enjoyed watching them!  By the time the wedding was to start the boys and Hannah, Kelsi and Kelly really worked hard to set up and then when it was all over, tear it all back down.  A park ranger had come by saying we couldn't set up on the beach till right before the start (which was supposed to be at 5pm) and that everyone must be out by 7:30pm sunset.  Well the wedding party didn't even arrive till almost 6:30.  But the day was blessed despite the troubles, everyone was beautiful, the decorations were outstanding and the food was top notch!
We all stayed and help clean up in a hurry, worrying the ranger would come by and grouch.  We were done by 10-10:30pm and headed back to our room, very tired.  On the drive back Bruce decided to not stay the night but head home immediately.  So we arrive back home about1-2AM.
The next morning flew by as we prepared for Bob Sumner's memorial service for 2pm. It turned out to be a beautiful service as we were able to see some dear ones we have not  seen in  a long time!  The blue grass band Ben Sumner asked to play for the service  were outstanding and everything went very well.  Ben's restaurant catered a very good meal afterwards and all went home by 6pm.  Boy were we ever exhausted, so we slept very well!
I hope your week ahead is one full of God's hands in the many things you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment