Sunday, August 9, 2009

We had a very full weekend beginning with a really nice visit with the John's, at their home. Saturday began with a good study from Beth Moore's Esther study at 9:00AM, children's class followed by a great worship service. Then in the late afternoon we set up the back parking lot for a luau type reception for Daniel and Kelsi. Then a church picnic on Sunday.
The reception was interrupted by rain,but everyone was very helpful with taking tables, chairs and food indoors.
I was a bit upset by the rain, especially after praying a lot about it and watching watching watching the weather! But God had something else in mind and through it all I saw the great love of our brothers and sisters in Christ as they worked so hard, with wonderful grace ,to help setup at the beginning of the evening and then help move everything down to the fellowship hall when rain became to heavy to ignore.
I suppose the lesson in all of this is that sometimes God answers prayers in a different way then we hoped because he has a different and sweet blessing in store for us.
Thankfully I have most of this week to clean-up although I am having trouble with fevers, perhaps a days rest is needed before clean-up, is that possible?!? We shall see! ( :

2 comments:

  1. Mary, it was a fun weekend. Thanks so much to you and Bruce for caring enough to host such a beautiful and fun celebration! I look so forward to watching Kelsi and Daniel grow - hopefully into parenthood ( ; Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. There certainly were a lot of great helpers! To bad about the rain it turned out fine any ways!

    ReplyDelete