Saturday, August 14, 2010

Came home at 6:30AM from sleep study.  Had a terrible night sleep, although I was plenty exhausted. But considering all the wires and then they gauzed my entire head and neck, what do they expect.  I fell asleep okay but awoke at 2AM with head and neck pain and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally the tech came in a about 3:30 and asked if I would take a sleeping pill.  I did but they awaken me, as is their policy, at 5:30AM to shower and become unglued from wires.
So I drove home from Lancaster(approx. 45min drive) in a fog to say the least, don't remember much.  I climbed back in bed with my dear snuggly husband and then I slept.  I could not get up to do the children's class   I felt froze to the bed, nothing would move.  So dear Hannah took the class impromptu, and with a cheerful spirit too!  I zonked out for another hour and a half. Then forced my body to respond, I felt drunk, couldn't walk straight or speak quite clear.  It had really done a number on me! But the power point presentation needed to be finished and run sooo..... I drank some coffee and some how managed to get through a great worship service and then potluck too,  The ladies are so kind, they help out so well, I feel loved by them all so very much!

Learned that Bob Sumner passed away after a long bout with cancer,  he really suffered a lot at the end but Becky and her Mom and sons were there for support through it all and he  is now out of pain and agony.

Went to visit Bill Moser, what a joy it was to see him chipper and up and walking.  His son David was there and so we enjoyed some great conversation, mixed with quite a bit of good humor!

Headed back to the ranch and found the house was full of kids/young adults, Bruce and I just headed back for a much needed nap.  Later the youth from COG CPA came over to practice music, we had a nice visit.  Then Bruce and I  ran out and got some wings and snacks and drinks and at Anna's insistence we had a family game night.
We played "Would you rather" .  It was quite funny!  But it is well past midnight and Bruce and I need to crash.  Need energy to tear out the basement carpet, remove furniture and such.  Real fun! Bonding
  *Maybe for dogs who love to rip and tear some stinky wet carpet!
Hope your week is eventful because beautiful things were experienced and genuine love was shown to you.

1 comment:

  1. Mary that is so upsetting that they had you drive home after 2 hours of giving you a sleeping pill. Thats like telling you to drive drunk. I'm glad you slept well once you got home and had a good day then. I sure don't envy instructing your family to pull out carpet and such. I certainly hope that they are not expecting YOU to do any of that work. I also hope you are not expecting YOU to do any of that work. Please be reasonable! Lay the guilt aside - take care of yourself so you can get better and be there for them in the long run. Ok?!! I love you! Martha

    ReplyDelete