Wow, what hot humid weather, typical of August I guess! At least there appears to be some relief in sight, according to the weather map a cold front is coming to cool things down ! Yes, I am so thankful!
Samuel and I attempted to weed the overgrown strawberry patch this morning. We did get quite a lot done but there is still much more to be weeded. After realizing I was straining to breath, from being over heated and very tired, I told Sam we would stop and try again when it is cooler.
I attempted to make salsa this afternoon at Bruce's request. I thought it tasted pretty good, but Bruce thinks I need to cook it. Any ideas on this, is salsa better fresh or cooked what is your opinion? For now I am cooking some for him and leaving the rest fresh.
I am also hoping to make some grape juice today from our small vineyard. A storm is coming so I best go and get the grapes. (Update: I did make it,the grape juice that is, and it is great! Sarah keeps saying "Dude, dude this is really good!" Guess she never realized how good the real deal could be. Sometimes our Christian walk is that way when we have a fire lit under us after years of luke warm living!)
Hope your week is productive in the Lord!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What kind of grapes are you using to make the juice? Are they the light pink kind that we had at home or some other kind? I think it is wonderful that you can make your own juice!!! Martha
ReplyDelete