Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fooled Again

I thought I was going to get a great nights sleep, but about 15 min. after posting Anna had a coughing fit and woke up Finally after she did go to bed at 11PM she woke again at 1AM and didn't go back to sleep until 7:30AM. Soooo we enjoyed cereal together at 3AM.
I did go to the orthopedic today and found out that I need to have surgery again on my finger, Monday after we return from TX. There is a stitch trying to come out on top of the finger and is becoming sore. I thought they could simply lance it, and he could have, but after looking at the new x-ray today he said the other pin has to come out. Because he put the pin (which is half the length of the finger) in with a hook at the bottom, he can not be pulled it out, instead it must be cut out.
There is still a great joy in the air, not much can take that away as we eagerly await our departure date and pray nothing happens to cancel it. Sometimes you try to guard your emotions, not allowing yourself the pleasure of great anticipation because you are afraid of the let down. I have let my guard down this time and am trying to enjoy every moment, joying in the look on Daniel's face as he talks of the wedding, sharing Martha's joy as she prepares and hopes for the best of health on the trip and seeing Anna's anticipation, trying to view the trip from her eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Well we can rejoice because my friend who visits monthly visited today! ( ; Yes I am rejoicing too and praying so much for God's blessings on the conference and the trip.

    ReplyDelete