We are presently in Dallas,visiting Bruce's sisters Marsha and Pilar. Anna has been very sick and feverish. We took her to an urgent care Monday night (with a fever of 104.7F) and were told that she still is fighting bronchitis and that the antibiotic we were using was not helping. So they gave her two shots of antibiotic and sent us back with more for the week and told us this should really help and that we should see a definite improvement in 24 hrs.
Yesterday (Tuesday) Anna slept most of the day, she ate well, I controlled the fever with Motrin and Tylenol, rotating them every 4hrs. She felt good enough by evening to take a short swim and watch a couple of movies with me. Her fever started to rise every time the medicine wore off.
This morning at 5:30 she woke coughing and wheezing and went to the bathroom to throw-up, like she has been throughout this illness, but this time she threw up a small amount (about 2 quarter sized pieces) of blood. So now I am preparing to take her in again to be checked. I am writing this down to help me remember the progression of her illness. It is so hard to keep it all straight because of all of the activities we have done since we arrived in TX.
We went out to the Gulf on Thursday (July 9th) and Anna swam the entire time, trying to boogie board, I thought the very salty water would be good for her sinuses. It was record breaking heat there and they had an advisory for children and the elderly, we spent our time on the beach in the late afternoon and evening. Sarah and I had great fun diving for sand dollars. We found about 10 or more.
Friday Anna started a fever, our family doctor called in another antibiotic. She was still feverish, but a little better Saturday morning, so I allowed her to sing with her group in the conference children's program. She got sicker through the day as we traveled to Houston to prepare for Daniel and Kelsi's wedding. But after some rest she rallied and seemed to be fairly good on Sunday, swimming and enjoying getting her hair done for the wedding. She started to look bad as the day wore on,but rallied again to do her part as the flower girl in the wedding. She was feeling fairly well as we drove to Dallas Monday, but by late afternoon she started to look sick again. She swam a little and that was when I noticed the tiredness in her face. I wrapped her in a towel and shortly after that is when I noticed her fever was spiking. Right away we gave her Motrin, and Pilar and Marsha took Anna and I to the urgent care unit at Baylor hospital.
So now I am very worried as I really don't understand this illness and the complications Anna is having. One other note is that her gums are swollen in the back of the mouth as if she is getting a set of new molars. Could this have any thing to do with the fevers?
To make things worse Bruce and I are fighting some kind of cold virus. It is very draining and we both get small fevers throughout the day. Bruce has a cough, which worries me as well because he usually has a hard time getting over any respiratory problems.
So that brings us up to date, if you are reading this, close to the date I have written it, would you please pray for us? Being in a strange place with an illness is very hard. So we appreciate your prayers on our behalf!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mary thanks for posting the pictures and cluing me into looking at the site again. I had been wondering how you were doing and how Anna is. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this with her and that she is struggling so much. I am so worried. I also woke to a very sore throat yesterday and extreme tiredness since I left on Monday. At times it seems that I get so hot and then cold. Its weird but I have been able to rest a lot and just awoke at 12pm today (Wed.) and feel somewhat renewed and am hoping to beat this thing. I will be praying for you and Anna as you fight this thing. I love you all very much! Martha
ReplyDelete